Hearing of Business/Management Strategies
– Carefully listen your explanation about business plans and management strategies.
– Find and propose the most effective way to your IP rights (e.g. patent, utility model, design right, trademark, taking action against unfair competition, copyright, etc.) while finding the optimal protection for the know-how as trade secrets such that confidentiality would be admitted in future infringement litigation which may occur
Local & Foreign Practice
– Draft an application which defines your advantages over competitors based on results from the previous searches for competitors’ technology/design/brand
– Prepare foreign application based on domestic application but along with the legal system of the country where the client will file the application
– Obtain correct translation using the human network with the local attorney to gain the maximized cost-benefit performance
Utilization of Rights
– Evaluate the IP rights you possess objectively to decide whether a) entering the market by a third person is available; b) there are legal risks such as patent infringement; and c) available market will be continuously existed.
– Monitor whether the licensing royalties are properly paid in accordance with the agreement in cooperation with the attorney-at-law and CPA.